Greetings friend! You have chosen to hear me expound at great
length about myself, and you have no excuses, because you chose to click on this link of
your own free will. You have been warned.
So who am I? Let's start with the basics:
- My full name is David Brian Pecora
- 29 years old, single white male
- Raised in Sacramento, California and currently residing in Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- I worked for AMS as a
computer consultant for four years after graduating from college. I moved wherever
the work was and thus journeyed from California to Virginia to New York to Canada to Nebraska
- Inveterate techie - when I was little, my favorite character on
Sesame Street was the Count. Because, well, he counted numbers. I also used to
rewrite the page numbers in all my books starting from the REAL page 1 (the page
immediately inside the book cover). Things sort of went downhill from there and I
wound up going to MIT and then getting a graduate degree
And here's some of my interests:
- After hearing the Beethoven Violin Concerto, I nagged my parents for
two years until they got me a violin. (Other favorites include the Bach Concerto for
Two Violins, the Bach Sonatas and Partitas for solo violin, and those things by Vivaldi and Pachelbel.)
I have played on and off for a number of years now, and am a fairly decent if not exceptional player. I also
enjoy writing the occasional melody.
- Lover of all things chessic, especially five-minute chess and a crazy
mutant of team chess known as bughouse. I have been known to play the latter with
friends until 5 AM.
- I enjoy writing bad poetry and short stories. Check some of them out.
- I am an anime nut. If you've never
heard of anime, follow the link. You're in for a treat.
- Classic bookworm - I have read books on all subjects. My
favorite genres include science fiction, humor, and political commentary.
- Tennis aficionado - I enjoy the game even though I'm really bad at
If you have any comments about anything on these pages or just want
to chat, please drop me a line! You can reach me at email@example.com